- You Have a Say 10/24/2013. 11am- 2pm. Growing Valley Baptist Church, 44818 20th St West, Lancaster, Ca. 93536 Topic: Health Care and the new changes in the system. Sam Thomas, AARP National Rep.
- Medi/Medi & You 3/25/14 11am-2pm.Rancho Village, 39630 Fairway Drive, Palmdale, Ca. 93551 Topic: Medi-cal and Medicare and how to navigate the complex systems. Speaker: Karen Gilbert, Lancaster Adult Day Health Care
- Transitions– 8/5/2014, 11am- 2pm.Joshua Memorial community room, 808 E Lancaster, Ca. Topic: Life transitions: Work, Caregiver, Plus one & Relationship. How to adjust and succeed when life changing events occur Speakers: Bonita Frisco-Founder of Love Causes Inc., Betty Sloan Alaska Airlines and Vera High, Wife & Homemaker.
- Livin’ Right Active Life 10/14/14, 11am – 2pm.Gathering Groundz, 560 Milling Street, Lancaster, Ca 93534 Topic: Exercise and Eating Right. How these affect our lives, specifically lessening medications and living a longer, healthier life. Speakers: Dr. Mildred Dumas DTN, Actor, Author and Jesse Tyler Gulley-Physical Activity/Nutrition Facilitator, AV Partners for Health
- Hoarding, It Takes a Village 3/20/15 1pm-4pm. 777 W Jackman St., Lancaster, Ca. 93536 Topic: Hoarding, its causes, and treatment. The who, what’s and whys of hoarding along with resources to assist those with this disorder along with their family members. Speakers: Evelyn Gray CPO-CD, CAC, CSL, Mary DeVan LCSW and Kamila Carter Adult Protective Services
- Cal Medi-Connect/Coordinated Care Info Session 5/26/15. 11am-2pm. Chimbole Cultural Center, 38350 Sierra Hwy, Palmdale, Ca. 93550 Topic: Information regarding the new required connections of these two systems and how this affects seniors. We also provided about 20 free community organization resource tables Speaker: Jerry Edmonson, Community Outreach & Engagement, LA Care
- LA Philharmonics-Hollywood Bowl-8/7/2014 8 pm.2301 N Highland Ave A senior trip to the Hollywood Bowl to hear Brahms. Goal: Senior Socialization
- Generations, a Multigenerational Fashion Show-10/10/15. 11am-3pm.777 W Jackman St, Lancaster, Ca. 93536 A generational fashion show featuring four generations Goal: To break down the generational gap.
- The Mothers Board & Friends Holiday Luncheon-12/1/16 12:00pm-4:00 pm Buca di Beppo Valencia, 26940 Theater Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355 A luncheon subsidized by MomsHouse. Goal Senior Socialization
- Generations 2017, a Multigenerational Fashion Show & Fundraiser. 2/25/17.11am to 3pm.Lancaster VFW Post 7283 44275 Division St, Lancaster, Ca, 93535.
- Our goal is to provide an engaging spiritual and social experience which will aid in mingling multiple generations resulting in enhanced communications and relationships while raising funds for MomsHouse projects.
- Heidi Duckler Dance Theater presents Outpost a Sign of the Times. May 21, 2016. A Free community production featuring various artists including the MomsHouse Royal Movers, a praise dance troop birthed from the MomsHouse Praise Dance Class.
- AV Senior Center Garage Sales-11/14/2014, 11/7/2015. 777 W Jackman St., Lancaster, Ca. 93536 This is an opportunity for seniors to clear out clutter, socialize and make some money. It is a fundraiser for the senior center. MomsHouse volunteers it time as project coordinators
- Be a Santa for a Senior-12/2014, 12/2015. This event is held by Home Instead an In Home Caregiver organization. Requests for Christmas gifts are collected. Local organizations fill these requests; this project reaches over 300 needy seniors annually. In 2014 MomsHouse gifted 10 seniors and in 2015 were able to gift 16 seniors.
- AV Senior Center Health and Resource Fair 9/16/15 & 9/12/16.777 W Jackman St., Lancaster, Ca. 93536 This is an opportunity for seniors to connect with community resources. It is a fundraiser for the senior center. MomsHouse volunteers it time as project coordinators.
- Walk to End Alzhiemers-9/2013, 9/2014, 9/2015, 10/8/2016, 10/7/2017. Santa Clarita, Ca. This event is sponsored by Santa Clarita Walk to End Alzheimer’s and is an annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Foundation. MomsHouse has chosen Alzheimer’s as its cause. We participate and fundraise annually.
- Senior Praise Dance Class and Performance Troop. 2017 Weekly Class and varying performances. 777 W Jackman St., Lancaster, Ca. 93536. Goal: to promote healthy physical activity and socialization among seniors. To aid in closing the generation gap among generations. This is a bi-weekly praise dance class taught by youth and young adults to seniors. Routines are developed, learned and sometimes performed.
- Senior Praise Dance Class and Performance Troop-2016 Bi-Weekly Class and varying performances. 777 W Jackman St., Lancaster, Ca. 93536. Goal: to promote healthy physical activity and socialization among seniors. To aid in closing the generation gap among generations. This is a bi-weekly praise dance class taught by youth and young adults to seniors. Routines are developed, learned and sometimes performed.
- VSS Very Special Senior-2017. This will replace our Be a Santa for a senior participation. We will choose a senior or seniors and provide monthly gifts, contact etc.
- Project Connect-2017 We will work with local senior facilities to developed a letter/card campaign with isolated seniors
- DEEP-2016/2017 Diabetes Empowerment Education Program Sponsored by Health Services Advisory Group. We facilitate a free 6 week workshops with the goal of increasing the understanding regarding Diabetes Self-Management Education to pre-diabetic and diabetic seniors.
- Mobile Crafting 2017 This project provides monthly crafting activities and educational sessions Fernwood Apartment, Impressions Senior Living and Desert Senior Living It allows social interaction and emotional support all in a safe and recognized environment. It will also build confidence that will allow seniors to extend their comfort zone. The event requires sponsors or funding from the facility and is free to participants.
- SASSY-Success after 60 Staying Young-2017/2018 This is a 6 Week Master Class collaboration with MomsHouse and The Dream Believers facilitated by Kira Wagner. For those individuals that plan on living another 10+ years and you’re 60+ – what does your life look like 5 years from now? For those that still look to tomorrow with anticipation and joy, this Master Class is designed to help prove that “the best is yet to come.
- Generations 2017, a Multigenerational Fashion Show & Fundraiser-2018 TBD